Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Aunt Cheri.......music to my ears!

I've been playing hooky from this blog but it was for a really good reason. And her name is Makayla and she is 5 years old. Makayla is my niece and I haven't seen her for almost 3 years. Makayla was born in China and abandoned under a bridge in a busy metropolitan city. My brother and sister-in-law adopted her when she was about 18 months old, at least that was their best guess. I am sure all of you are familiar with the "One Child Policy" that China follows with a vengeance...any questions?...... email me :)

We are so thankful for Makayla and I was so happy to spend much of last week with her and my brother who flew up for a visit. My brother Mark is an amazing Christian man who has an awesome testimony...you see... he died in his early twenties...but God saw fit to raise him up again....you can read more about his story here. He also happens to be an awesome Dad. I will be busy this week trying to get you caught up with what I did while playing hooky, new soaps talked about and up on the website, new salves, a reader's questions answered about nettles and more!

tn_airport.JPG

Here are a few quick pictures of my family at the airport picking up Mark and Makayla and I will follow with lots of pictures of the things I was doing instead of blogging....afterall....last time I saw her she was in diapers so I am hoping you will forgive my silence this last week. Makayla so much fun...and my boys loved having the experience of a "little sister". It is amazing what little girl things were laying around the house, how everyone had to agree to play princess (my boys were so good to go along with this!) and how differently little girls think compared to little boys. I don't have much experience in this area since I am Mom to 4 sons....but I must say I began to envy those of you with little girls.

tn_airport-2.JPG

So, check out my brother's site and read his awesome story.....and I'll be back later this evening with more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails