Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A few more new things...

Here are a few more of the new things I've been making. Ever wanted to try some of my medicinal salves? Now's your chance to try several...without investing a lot of money! With a houseful of busy boys, I am always reaching for one of my salves. However, I found that just because we were away from home, didn't mean we wouldn't need them. Now, it got a bit heavy carrying all of these little glass jars around in my purse. So, several months ago, I began putting them in tins.....ooohhh....so much easier on the shoulder! Well, as I used them at friends' houses, at church, etc., people began to ask if I sold them that way.....no, I replied.... but what a great idea! So, thanks guys!

Now I can offer you a way to take my herbal first-aid kit on the road with you. Introducing my Sack of Salve! I know...I know..I should have had a naming contest, ya'll are much better at it than I am :)tn_100_4358.JPG

This little muslin bag is made from 100% USA grown cotton. Tucked inside are 5 tins of medicinal salve, 1/2 oz. each of Healing Salve, Arnica Salve, Lavender Salve, Aches Away Salve and Tea Tree Salve! I have also included a little sheet to remind you of the purpose for each salve!

tn_100_4329.JPG

Each tin is shrink-wrapped for your protection. Now, no matter where you are, you can treat your family with safe and natural products instead of the petroleum based things from the drug store. And I am sure you will be amazed at how effective these herbal remedies are.

I think one of the funniest things that happens to me after selling someone a product (especially to people that I know) is the phone call that inevitably comes a day or so later...the conversation always goes something like this....
Friend: Hi Cheri, I just wanted to call you and tell you that this salve REALLY works! (sounding shocked!)

Cheri: Yes, I know!

Friend: Wow! I really didn't expect it to work.

Cheri: (Trying not to say "Gee thanks!") I'm so glad you like it and that it helped you!

Friend: But, I mean it really works....(sounding incredulous)

I want you all to know that if I didn't know it worked...and if I hadn't been using it to treat my own family for years...I WOULD NOT SELL IT TO YOU :) You will notice that I do not sell things that we don't use....there isn't a Cure Your Baldness Salve, or a Wipe Away Warts Salve..... because those haven't been a need in my own family(yet!). These phone calls delight me and always make me laugh....people are so filled with wonder and excitement to learn that the herbs that the Father gives us can actually heal our bodies. He is after all Jehovah Rapha - the God that healeth!

Now for a few more new soaps... one of my favorite things as a child was getting a letter from my Grandma. She always wrote such long and encouraging notes to me...and she always included gum, with a dime placed in each end of the stick of gum. (Note: Grandma was not stingy... back when this occurred, you could still buy things with a dime!)

So, I have created a soap that makes me think of that chewing gum...I call it Double Mint soap simply because it is made with both peppermint essential oil and spearmint essential oil. Many customers have sniffed it trying to place the scent and then a smile breaks out and they say..."it smells like that gum!"

tn_100_4368.JPG

This is a "wake you up in the morning" soap and is wonderful to shower with after a long hot day outside in the garden! Very refreshing!

The next new soap is inspired by our love of Italian food. I have a strange family...we love the goodness and comfort of southern cooking - after all it is where we have spent most of our lives - but we also have a penchant for really spicy Mexican cooking and homemade Italian dishes. Funny thing, our background is Scottish and German....go figure!

Italian Potpourri is a great soap to keep at the kitchen sink since it is anti-bacterial. I use it whenever I have been working with raw meats. tn_100_4346.JPG

I love the smell....I'm just crazy for basil! My boys call it the pizza soap. I have made several custom gift baskets with an Italian theme...some bread, cheese, fresh or dried basil, sauce or noodles and a colorful dishcloth...and of course a bar of this soap!

I still have a few more soaps to get up on the website and will be working on those over the next few days. You can view all of my soaps here .

I will also be introducing my line of lip balms. I have made these for years. Many of you have received them as "extras" in your orders over the last year or so and ya'll seem to love them as do my local customers.

I'm also trying to get to the next installment of "my" story. Several of you have inquired if I intended to continue - and I do...it just seems that gardens, boys, family, friends...life...just gets busy...especially at this time of year! Bear with me please :)

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the look of your Sack of Salves. Great idea. Did you ever get that poison ivy salve completed? I still want to purchase that. I would also like to purchase a bar of that chocolate layered soap. Let me know when we can meet up...perhaps tonight. We are heading to J.C. for that meeting at Brandy's.

    love,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there tonight...give me a call :)
    Love,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got home with all our goodies! The whole car smelled so fresh and wonderful. Thanks for the "extra" goodies you threw in. I am already looking forward to trying the salves and the double mint soap! You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Ellen,
    So glad you enjoyed the smell - hope it made up for my son dragging your son down to the creek :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails