Sunday, July 29, 2007

Random thoughts....

Things that make me smile...

Hearing from readers like you :)
Thanks for the latest installment. Wanted to give a "testimonial". Feel free to share it on your sight. My darling hubby pulled his shoulder really badly last night while play wrestling with Jman. He asked for some of the "aches away" which I generously applied. About thirty minutes later he said out of the blue, "Man that stuff really works wonders!" Thanks so much for creating and sharing such wonderful products.

Mary Ellen, you made my day! Thanks for taking the time to share this with me.
Awesome Evening....

Attended a region wide worship meeting tonight - many denominations were represented...hundreds of people attended...Methodists, Pentecostals, Baptists, Church of God, non-denominational....the purpose? Unity within the body of Christ. We can all come together in unity at the foot of the cross! If the body were united, just think what an impact we could make for Father! It was an AWESOME evening!

The Weather....

We are having the weirdest weather....65 at night...in July!!! And the days have been cloudy, breezy and cool! Wonder what this means for winter?

The Pests...

Not many Japanese beetles this year...I am still getting squash and zucchini (and yes that is a good thing in this household!) although their time is getting short. Usually the squash bugs have gotten the plants by now. And the fleas!!! Oh my gosh! My house is under siege! We have never had a problem with fleas before but there must be an abundant population this year. We are using the candle in soapy water method to capture them inside....trying to avoid those chemicals! Some days I think it is a loosing battle :) Anyone else notice a problem with fleas?

The Tomatoes...

Our tomato bushes are loaded...and I do mean bushes! This year our tomatoes look better than I have ever seen them...they look like hedgerows! The bushes are loaded with green tomatoes! If I can keep the chickens out of them, I'll be busy canning for weeks!

The Fruit....

Every morning is a rush to the melon patch to beat the chickens to the next ripe melon. We have been enjoying cantaloupe and watermelon almost everyday! God's candy! We are so blessed!

Friends....

I am so thankful for friends who are willing to walk with you through the valley! I have been blessed with friends, old and new, who have come along side of me and encouraged me, prayed for me and lifted my arms when I was to weary! Bless ya'll!

PS...

Still working on the asthma thing :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, shucks. On the flea bit...my kids have lots of bites I think are fleas. None living inside luckily but they play outside so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua just came out of Michael's shop several days ago and told me that fleas were jumping on his socks. I guess it is from having the visiting puppies down there for two weeks. I am going to put our Mastiff down there to be a flea magnet then we can get them off of her. The shop is right next to the boys' bedroom and we don't need fleas getting in there looking for warm bodies to snuggle up to!!!!
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails