Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A neat surprise!

I opened my email to find a mysterious note from Marci asking me to check out her blog. When I got there I was surprised to find out that my humble little blog won an award. Thanks Marci! I find it amazing that so many of ya'll like to read my ramblings and even more amazing that someone gave me an award.

blogaward.jpg

Eric Novak came out with the Christian award "Blogging with a Purpose" in late April of 2007. With so many secular awards around, Eric thought it would be a good idea to come out with a Christian award.

Rules:
1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this entry.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to this site.

So, now it is my turn to hand out the awards. The winners are listed in no particular order :)

1. Julie and Michael at 3 Fold Cord. Julie and Michael blog as a team to share the Joy in the Journey. They share their lives and godly insights along with the antics of children and life on a farm. I have been blessed to know Julie and Michael personally for about 7 years (is that right Julie?) and she has been a life line to me in this trial that I have been enduring. Our family has seen this family walk out their faith and we love them all!

2. Julie at Seeking the Old Paths. Julie shares her wisdom as a Mom of seven in many areas. She also has a desire to share about our Hebraic roots as her family strives to serve Yahweh. She is conducting an awesome study on her site now on Restoring the Early Church. Check it out! We are also blessed to know this family personally and have enjoyed sweet fellowship together. They have blessed our family in many ways and have ministered Jesus to us in tangible ways during this time in the valley! We love you guys!

3. Cheri at Northwoods Ramblings. Cheri's blog inspires, uplifts and encourages all of us to seek the Father every day. Again, I have been blessed to know this wonderful lady, her husband and parents (Hi DOD!) personally. They have taken time on their travels to stop by and encourage my family and uplift us in prayer. We love you!

4. Lynn at ND Homekeeper. Lynn's blog shares about the joys and difficulties in establishing a new homestead and the faithfulness of our Father to be there in both. She shares the good times and the bad but always with a joyful heart. Lynn writes with an honesty and style that truly encourages her readers. The care and concern that Lynn has expressed to me during this difficult time has meant so much to me.... I feel blessed to call her a friend.

5. Walter at No NAIS.org. Walter blogs to keep us aware of how harmful the USDA's National Animal Identification System is to small farmers, homesteaders and pet owners. In fact, Walter actually established a seperate blog for his writings on NAIS. Walter has compiled an amazing site and all small farmers, horse lovers, pet owners and homesteaders owe him a debt of gratitude. If NAIS is defeated, Walter's effort and work will have had a major part in that defeat. If you haven't heard of NAIS, please visit Walter's site. Thank you Walter!

So, there are my five winners, although there were many others I could have named. Check out their web sites, you will be blessed, encouraged, uplifted and informed.

Marci, thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Marci -- be sure to check out warmwell.com, an incredible site by Mary Critchley, an English woman living in France. Mary writes about Foot and mouth disease, etc -- kind of like Walter J, but far more extensive, and she's been doing it for seven years.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheri, for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails