Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Tradition of the Straws...revisited

Last year I shared with you one of our family traditions...The Tradition of the Straws. You can read that post here. Many of you have written to me to share that your family has also begun the Tradition of the Straws! This blesses me! I have also had several of you write and ask about a pattern for the manger...

Paula shared this information:

You can find the book again--possibly different pictures than before, it looks like a different publisher. I found it on Deseretbook.com. Paula Palangi is now Paula McDonald. If you have a pattern for your manger that you wouldn't mind sharing, that would be wonderful!



I don't have a pattern. Josiah went out to the shop and came back with the manger. However, I have taken some close up pictures and hope that this will help you.


This picture looks down on the empty manger .


tn_100_5205.JPG


A view from the end.


tn_100_5206.JPG


A view from the side.


tn_100_5207.JPG


A view of the bottom.


tn_100_5208.JPG


Looking down again, this time with the straw...the boys have been busy this year :)


tn_100_5209.JPG


 


And finally, our table in the living room that is always dedicated to our Tradition of the Straws.


tn_100_52101.JPG


Thanks to Paula and the others who have written, I hope you all get your mangers built and enjoy this tradition in your own family.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails