Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mother turned 81 in December. I am so proud of her. She lives life to the fullest, seems to have more energy than anyone I know and is on the go all the time. She is always lending me a helping hand, taking care of boys and just generally blessing our family!

tn_100_51881.JPG

My four boys...all of them appear to have a secret :)

Elijah had a special card for Mom. Grandma has either lived with us or on the farm next to us since Elijah was a baby. He can not imagine not being able to run over there several times a day....just for a hug, a snuggle or to see what yummy thing Grandma has been cooking.

When Mom opened Elijah's card she started giggling when she read it. When she passed it to me to read I was amazed...don't ask me how/why...I don't have a clue. We are all convinced that he is really a midget sent to keep us humble....here is his creation in his card to Grandma...

tn_100_5191.JPG

LOVE METER???????

Mom asked for my coconut chicken salad for dinner. She also didn't want a traditional cake...she wanted an ice cream cake...toffee flavored....so that is what I made and it was yummy!

tn_100_5197.JPG

I tell Mom all the time that she certainly doesn't look 81...I don't think she even looks 71...now tell me readers...isn't that the truth?

Happy Birthday Mom....WE LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!

    And, no, she does not look 81!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks young and beautiful! I look forward to meeting her someday soon!

    Love the love meter idea - that Elijah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. your mom looks a lot younger then she is!
    I hope she has many many many more years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheri! Congratulations and birthday blessings to your mom. No, she definitely does not look her age. My own mom turned 80 last month and she looks like she's in her 60's. No one believes she is 80! It's such a wonderful thing for you and the boys to have her so close. I feel the same about my mother who only lives 15 minutes but spends a couple days each week with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, she does not look 81. I hope I have that much energy when I turn 81. Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom doesn't even look 70. That is a blessing.
    The picture and the card are precious.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, I have to agree with you she doesn't look 81 at all!! I pray I have energy and health and to look younger than I am when I'm 81.

    Happy Birthday,

    P.S. I'm glad you got the cows back! Isn't the affects of our drought awful. I pray we have more of this crummy weather, I've never been so glad for rain, sleet, snow (what little we got) in all my life. Were in GA.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails