Monday, February 4, 2008

The KSMilkmaid.....an update

Many of you have been writing to ask how the KSMilkmaid is doing. I had a nice long chat with her last week and am asking you to continue to pray for her and her family. Her husband's criminal trial is over...ending in a plea bargain.

She is now facing the difficulties of a divorce and child custody issues. Please pray that our Father's will would be done in this situation. The road she is walking is difficult...especially in such a small community where everybody knows your business....or they think that they do. It will most likely be spring or perhaps even early summer before all is over and she can begin to make plans for the rest of her life.

Farming has been made difficult by weather problems (freezing temperatures, lack of electricity etc.). Her church family has been faithful to stand by her in this time - we can be so thankful for that - checking on her and the children and helping to meet the needs in her life!

I pass your well wishes on to her as you send them and she is very appreciative of your kind thoughts and sincere prayers. Let's remember to continue to pray until this difficult time is over.

Blessings!

Cheri

10 comments:

  1. Cheri,
    Thank you so much for this update. I have been praying for her and wondering how she and her kids were doing.
    Blessings to you and your boys,
    Deb in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Cheri. I think of her and her children often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cheri, for the update. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a dairy farmer, while raising and homeschooling six children alone. The emotional pressure and financial stress on top of her to-do list must make each day a real battle. I will remember her in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for keeping us posted. We will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to read your update this morning. The Lord has brought her to mind reminding me to pray - even just last night. Now I know why. I'll keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would occasionally read KS blog off and on and found her site to be down so off-handedly came to your site. I did'nt know and I will also keep her on my prayers. I really like your soothing music and today I learn about Ron Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also, Thank You, Cheri, for posting this Update on KS Milkmaid.

    I do keep her and her children in prayer, and will continue to do so. One thing I have prayed for, is support for her, during this rough time. I can only imagine the heavy load of responsibilities she is carrying. I'm very thankful to read, the Lord is providing her with love and caring support. She is a sweetie!!!

    Thank You Cheri, for being such a blessing to many!

    Kris in WA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheri,
    Thank you for giving us an update on KSMilkmaid. When you speak to her again, tell her we continue to pray for her, and tell her we miss her!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I've been praying for her too. Good to have an update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been praying for her and her children, ever since I first read about all that was going on. It was one of those "follow the link from one blog to another" kind of things.
    Please update us when you can!
    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails