Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Humbled....

Recently, I've received two awards, this one from Holly....

mathetes.jpg

which blows me away mainly because it came from...well...Holly! Anyone who reads her blog will completely understand what I mean. This award was created by Dan King and here are the rules...
For those who are regular readers of management by God, you know that being about God's Word is very important to me. Since I have started working on this initiative, I have discovered that there many others that have a similar heart to share God's Word, and further His Kingdom. The role of a disciple of Christ is to carry His message to the ends of the earth. It is with this heart that I have created the Mathetes Award.

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. I'd like to take the opportunity to award five other bloggers with this award and badge for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ. These five all share the message in their own creative ways, and I admire them all for what they do.

In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1)this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ. If you know of other deserving recipients of this award, and would like to start a new string, then please post a link to where you've started in in the comments to this post. I would love for many deserving bloggers to be blessed with this recognition.

The following blogs touch my heart and my spirit and encourage me in my walk with our Father...if you have received this award before then so be it....know that you have touched many lives. I am grateful that you have touched mine....

Herrick Kimball of The Deliberate Agrarian

Ann of Holy Experience

Julie of Seeking the Old paths

Heather of the Lazy D Ranch

Nathan of Confessions of a CF Husband

Next a dear sweet sister was kind enough to award this...

excellentblog.jpg

Leah is sweet mama of boys - ya'll know I can identify with that! I enjoy reading her blog and keeping up with her and her boys. Here are the rules of this award:
By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people who’s blog’s you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. Thank you out there for having such great blogs and being such great friends! You deserve this! Feel free to award people who have already been awarded…

The hard part of this award is limiting it to ten! Here are my choices...

Mary Susan of Allelon Farm

Humble Amy

Ann of Holy Experience

Rick of Dry Creek Chronicles

Scott of Homesteader Life

Lynn of ND Homekeeper

Tom the Northern Farmer

Cheri of Northwoods Ramblings

Holly who is Seeking Faithfulness

Julie who Seeks the Old Paths

Herrick the Deliberate Agrarian

Julie- a part of a Three Fold Cord

As you can see...10 just wasn't enough.

Thank you so much to Holly and Leah for these awards....I did want to make a disclaimer here...although I am grateful for the awards...please be assured that anything good you find in my ramblings comes from the Father...it is not of me. When He can take my feeble attempts at communicating with you and make something useful out of them I am amazed for I know He has blessed my attempt....

Next post....a quick lesson on trimming apple trees.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, My Lady. Double thanks. It is so weird to get these from you... you were one of my blog heroes way before I ever knew you in real life.

    I'm humbled and blessed. Two good things to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I placed your blog as a featured blog on my latest newsletter on health alerts, I know several of my readers will find your blog of great interest. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalHealthwatch/ you can see former issues inthe files section, your blog will be in my issue #9 to be sent out this Friday. I'll send you a copy.

    In Christ,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri,

    Thank you very much for the awards. Some days I feel like maybe I should really put the brakes on blogging, and then I hear from an appreciative reader. Now you have given me these awards and that is encouraging.

    I don't know if I will have the time to pass them on to others, as I'm supposed to do. But, as I think about it, I would like to say that I have been, in recent weeks, blessed by the blog, Promised Land.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri -

    Thank you so much. I scarcely even know what to say - because this is such an honor coming from you.

    Bless you, bless you, bless you!

    (And a big hug!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,
    Thanks so much!
    Cheri



    Hi all,
    You guys are so welcome...you inspire me, encourage me and make me laugh...I am grateful for each of you.
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails