Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I survived...

....taxes that is!

I got caught this year needing to do taxes unexpectedly. It was the first time in 20 years I've had to do them. Before this, the only form I had ever filled out was the 1040 short form. Wow, what a difference! This journey I am on is requiring me to learn many new things - some fun and some...well... not so much :)

I took some advice from friends, and used Turbo-tax. What a WONDERFUL program. If you make less than $54,000 per year you can use it for free from the IRS website.

So, now it is back to normal life....I have neglected email, website and blog trying to get taxes done. I don't do well with distractions when I am doing something I've never done....especially if math is concerned.

Today we are having a rare day of sunshine and I plan to spend the whole day in the garden. Tomorrow when the rains come again, I will get caught up with email and hopefully have some pictures to post of our progress.

Thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for finishing them, Cheri. It would be a big adjustment for me, too. I'm glad Turbo-tax worked for you!

    I loved your note about your mama living there with you. What a good thing...I have heard from others who have chosen to live near and be with their elders that they have never regretted this time with their parent/s.

    And aren't you just so excited about Tricia? Oh, man...I'm so happy for them. I'm praying for LOTS of years with these new lungs...a new record, in fact! :)

    Love to you -

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails