Monday, July 28, 2008

Congratulations Deb!!!

Deb's suggestion was Stonebrook Farm. Here are her reasons why..
What fun, Cheri! I always enjoy your blog, and I keep you and your boys in my prayers.

I've been pondering this renaming thing. I like Stonebrook Farm. Stone and brook from the verses, obviously. But also, I think of David slaying Goliath with his stones, of the Israelites building altars with stones, of building our houses on stone/rock, of Jesus being our Rock, of Him being the capstone, etc. I like the brook part because it nicely complements and softens the hardness of stone. Jesus is our living water, Proverbs 18:4 tells us that "the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook," and Revelation 22 tells us of a "river of the water of life," which flows down the middle of the great street in heaven. Further study would make many more tie-ins, but my vote is for STONEBROOK FARM!

Many of you included the scriptures and reasoning behind your choices - it helped us to think through certain names. Many of the scriptures ministered to us personally even though we didn't choose your name so we thank you for that blessing!

We had narrowed it down to just a few names and were leaning in the direction of Stonebrook Farm. On the way to church yesterday, Josiah said he thought we should change Stonebrook just a bit and make it Stonewater Farm...for all the same reasons that Deb named. We all loved it! It seemed to flow just a bit easier and would encompass even more scriptural tie-ins that would allow us to give our testimony.

I also think it most appropriate that Josiah came up with the "tweaking" idea and the final name since his desire is to live here for the rest of his life and work this farm for a living. It somehow makes it more "his". With the struggles he has had to endure during these last few years, that was an important thing....and I think a true blessing from our Father who understands our deepest needs. Now, would Mom like it? That also was very important to us. We checked with Mom after church and she agreed, even more so since Josiah chose the name. Her tender heart understood what that would mean to Josiah.

When I can find an artist to sketch us a "logo" we already have the picture in our minds! Our mountain ridge in the background, some rolling green fields and a barn and trees atop one of the hills. A large area of veggies growing in the field in front of the barn and a lovely stream descending down the hill....with a sandy bank at some point that contains 5 small stones and a slingshot...David's type....not those modern things! A fruit tree planted next to that stream makes it complete!

I can see it in my mind...now just to get it on paper. I made a rough sketch (rough is a kind and gentle word!) and the boys liked it also but I will be searching for a more professional version :) We don't want them to think this farm is linked to Romper Room....wow!....I just dated myself BIG time!

We also greatly appreciated this comment from Ginny:
I have enjoyed all these farm names as it will give us plenty of ideas for our new place.

Have you thought of doing a "sub-name" (like a subtitle)? That way you could answer and sign the short name, but add the sub-name to your signs and packaging. For example:

Father's Fields
Partaking of the Good Land...a blessing from the Lord.

Just an idea! It may make picking the final name a little easier or harder??!!!

We think this is an excellent idea and will be working on this! Of course suggestions are always welcome :) .

This was not easy...as you can see by the delay in our announcement. We had so many wonderful names...truly I don't think anyone submitted a blunder....they were all good! We thank each and every one of you who took time to speak into our lives. May our Father multiply your time, bless it and return it to you!

Deb!!!! I need you to contact me and pick out your 2 soaps, salve, tea and lip balm that will go along with your new cookbook!!! We all thank you so much for a wonderful name and hope you don't mind our playing with it just a bit!

Thank you y'all!! And remember when next you call...we'll be answering the phone "Stonewater Farm, may we help you?".

Blessings,

Cheri and the boys

13 comments:

  1. You really have chosen a wonderful and appropriate name with a meaning that reflects the steadfastness of Jesus and what He so wonderfully does in the lives of His own. May He continue to be glorified by the fruit that is brought forth from your farm and in your lives!

    Good job Deb (and Josiah)! I will look forward to the unveiling of the new logo for Stonewater Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the name and I really like the idea of the "sub-name"...I wouldn't have thought of that. Great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri,

    I love the name! It's just perfect for your farm. We need to keep Our Lord at the forefront of our minds all the time and this is a great way for you all to do that. We are still really enjoying the soaps, salve, and tea and I still say that you are a "genius". Let your kids laugh all they want :o) As a matter of fact, by the end of the week I will be placing another order. I just may call in my order just so I can hear "Stonewater Farm"!!!

    Good going Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cheri and boys,

    My heart started beating fast when I saw that I won, but then when you said Josiah wants to stay on the farm and made the name his own, I started crying. I love the new name!!!!

    Some day I would love to visit you all in Tennessee. You live in such a beautiful state. And if you and/or your boys are ever in Colorado, you are more than welcome to stay with us as you explore our beautiful state. I know it's near impossible to leave one's farm for more than a day, but you never know!

    You may contact me at debmsimp at hotmail dot com. I look so forward to hearing from Stonewater Farm!

    In Christian love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri, I love it!!! Our farm is Amazing Graze Farm - The land of milk and honey!

    How about Stonewater Farm - Where streams of blessing flow?

    Anyway, I am glad that everyone loved the farm name and you are now official.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri-

    My husband is a Graphic Designer, and we would love to help you out with the logo for no charge if you would allow us to bless your family in that way. You I will put my husband's email address in the box above so you can contact him directly with your ideas.

    I am so excited for you guys. The Lord is good!

    Kimbrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stonewater Farm. . .Makes me think of Moshe striking the rocks in the wilderness, bringing forth water for the Israelites.

    I pray our Abba blesses your re-created farm with His abundance and Shalom.

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed all of your comments yesterday...was busy helping my Mom all day.
    Thank you for the prayers and blessings!

    Cheri, So glad you liked it!

    Debbie, I also pray that He is glorified!

    Dee, So glad you like it too!

    Rachel, You are SO funny! I am thankful that you are enjoying my products so much :)

    Deb, I still need your wish list!!

    Marci...we like your suggestion and are praying about it along with a few others we came up with!

    Kimbrah! What a generous offer. I am so grateful...I'll be in contact!

    Kristin...so glad you liked it too!

    Beth, What a beautiful picture..on more tie in...I think I will keep a list! Blessings,
    Cheri

    Again...thanks to all for participating! What fun we had!!
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice name and logo idea. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new name is lovely! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! you have a new name!! i like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails