Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We had FUN!!!

We had so much fun tonight!! I don't know how I have cooked for so long...and I cook so much...and no one has ever invited me to a Pampered Chef party before!

I had a lot of things ready before anyone came. Jeremy was gone today so Siah and Elijah picked flowers to match our tablecloth (really just a sheet!). Who needs a florist....be one instead!! Everyone should grow zinnias and cosmos!



Then Brandy came and told me that at a P.C. party you use the table for demonstrations...who knew? :) So, we quickly, moved the food to the counters and got ready for guests.



Lots of people came...some brought a friend...and then the cooking began!



Here the pizza crust is in the pan. It was topped with onions, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. I got to use the chopper that so many of you recommended....very cool! When so many of you recommended it, I sort of poo-pooed the idea.



I have knives...I can chop! But..I admit it....I was wrong and y'all were right! I couldn't believe how quickly and easily it chopped and the best part was how it came apart so easily and went right into the dishwasher. My kind of tool!

I also got to use their micro-planer. We grated Parmesan cheese and zested limes. I have to admit that I have one that isn't made by Pampered Chef and EVERY TIME I use it I scrape knuckles, fingers...something. So I liked the fact that it was wide, it protected my hand AND was adjustable AND stored flat....really cool! Jeanne demonstrates for y'all! Now...how come no one told me about this?



They had the COOLEST garlic press (can you tell I've never been to a Pampered Chef party before?). You don't have to peel the cloves!!!!! You just pop the whole thing in and press...the garlic comes out and the skin is left in the press....just look...

I think Brandy was tickled by how tickled I was. I just had to try it and I still can't figure out why the skin didn't press through with the garlic but...it didn't. I tried it twice to make sure. Then it also had this nifty little cleaner to get the garlic leavings out. No more using a toothpick ladies!!

By the way...you can read the writings of the lady in pink (behind Brandy) here. She is one of my boys favorite people. I watched Elijah idle closer and closer...I knew what he was after...one of her hugs! (She's one of my favorite people too, I dearly love her!).

Then we got to play with a mandoline. Now, I have a mandoline but it is nothing like this fancy thing! Here my friend Ginny is giving it a whirl.



I like the fact that it had a built in stand and that there was a storage box for the extra blades. It was really neat that the storage box fit onto the mandoline when it wasn't being used. But the best part is that there is a safety built into the machine...if you aren't using it properly then you can't cut yourself. I use one of these a lot for cutting cukes into pickles and for cutting squash and zuchinni for the dehydrator . Julie and I thought it would be good to slice Roma tomatoes thin, sprinkle them with Italian seasoning, add a little parmesan and then dehydrate - bite sized pizzas!! We also figured out that it was SO safe we could assign slicing to children!!! Many hands... :)

Here is Willa covering the pizza just before baking. I'll send a free bar of soap to anyone who can guess where we met!!!!) She has the most adorable 2 yr. old grand-daughter! My boys spent the evening playing with her, reading to her and lamenting the fact that they didn't have a sister and want one just like her...and the golden curls are a must! She's been gone over an hour and they are still talking about her and how much fun they had!



I did find out that I have two (count 'em two!) Pampered Chef things in my kitchen. One is a round stoneware dish that I make cinnamon rolls and deep dish pizza in. I love it.

And the other....one of my most FAVORITE kitchen things in the WORLD...is this nifty little tool...ta...da!!



I have two of these and use them everyday...I'll probably order a couple more. This is THE best little gadget. I use this little springy, whisk thing to heat sauces, mix gravy, beat eggs, melt butter and more. But the MOST important thing I use it for is making salves for y'all! It is the BEST tool for whisking the beeswax into the other oils as it melts. And it cleans up like a dream!! Gotta have it! And at $3.95...I can afford to love it! (Can you tell that Brandy thinks I've lost it?).

We laughed, talked, ate and laughed and talked some more. I think we all had a great time. Then it was time to clean up....notice the medicinal herb i.d. book? Seems that the interest in medicinal herbs is growing...I almost always need one when I am with a group of people. Someone always has few questions. Around here I am known as "The Herb Lady" :)



We began cleaning....many hands pitched in to help. The boys walked Grandma home across the drive way, helped Brandy carry her huge and heavy bag to her car and before you know it we were back to normal...



Everyone found something to order so I think we were able to bless Brandy. If anyone still wants to order you can do so by following the directions here. Don't forget! I am still sending out a free bar of soap (no shipping even!) to all who place an order with Brandy...so be sure and email me with your request! I think she said you can order through Thursday.

I wish you could have all been here! I got to see old friends and new friends. I even made new friends! Good food, great friends...what a wonderful evening!

Thanks Brandy....you did a GREAT job!!

15 comments:

  1. Well Miss Cheri, you certainly did get that post up quickly! Isn't Brandy photogenic! What a blessing she is. It was a great party! So good to be in your kitchen again! Would love to visit more often and fellowship together. I enjoyed meeting your friends last night - great group of women.
    Thanks for hosting the Pampered Chef party and inviting all of us into your home - beautiful flowers, good food and the glorious smell of your hand-made soap - so welcoming.

    Blessings,
    Ginny W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny!
    Didn't she do a great job?! You and I need to figure out how to visit more :) I miss seeing you and the boys always enjoy Mike! (and you of course :) ).
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I want to get in on the visiting thing with you and Ginny! Just because I live in the south greene area doesn't mean I want to miss any good visiting fun!!! It was great to finally get to meet Ginny and all the others. It was a wonderful evening. And yes, I think other than being a momma, Brandy has found her calling. she did great!!! Cheri, could you get that pizza recipe that she made. (forget the crust part of it. I liked the way it all went together. I have never had zucchini on pizza before. It was nice). Thanks in advance!
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    I'll let you know when Ginny is coming. Bring all the kids and let them play! I'll ask Brandy, I think the crust was topped with olive oil that had Italian seasoning and garlic in it then baked to set the crust. Then it was topped with cheese, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and more cheese and baked.
    I'll check to make sure.

    Yeah! One more use for zucchini!

    Love,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to sell Pampered Chef myself. I love their products! I live in Atlantic Canada now and most here haven't heard of it, but it was a big deal in Western Canada. The parties are always so much fun and the food great! Looks like you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have been there!!! However, dear Cheri, if you will go back and look at your comments, I DID tell you about the garlic press... even the fact you don't have to peel it. =)

    I am the herb lady around here. I too keep plenty of books handy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harmony,
    Sounds like you need to be a consultant again...you'd have the whole market :)

    We had a great time!

    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marci,
    Yes you did! I'm sorry my post wasn't clear but I was asking why someone didn't tell me about the micro-planer that protects fingers...

    Isn't it funny to be known as the herb lady? I have people call me and ask..."Are you the herb lady?". I always have to stifle a giggle :)

    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi: Thanks for letting me come -- it was wonderful to meet everyone. Brandy will do very well, it's hard to believe she's only been at it three months. She is a "class act". I enjoyed meeting everyone -- had a not long enough conversation with Julie, what a sweetie -- and look forward to seeing you again. Lilliana had an awesome time, and didn't want to leave. Your boys, Cheri, are wonderful -- you have done a great job.
    God bless you all,
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Willa,
    I'm so glad you came! The boys really enjoyed Lilliana. You will have to come again soon and I'll have Julie over too....and Ginny....neat godly women!
    Blessings,
    Cheri
    PS Thanks for all the books - can't wait to start reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad it was so much fun! I love tools that make cooking easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda,
    I couldn't believe all the tools! It was really fun for me since I had never seen this stuff before!

    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. that should have been --

    Cheri:
    You let me know when, we'll be there.
    God bless,
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheri:
    You let me now when, we'll be there.....
    God bless,
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You Cheri for sharing! I enjoyed reading all the fun! Kris in WA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails