Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome home...

Brandy and Samuel! You remember Brandy right?....the Pampered Chef lady? Well, we met them at their new home today and helped them paint some rooms. We spent the day enjoying fellowship, friendship and...well...lots of painting. I thought I'd share the results with you :)



Here is Brandy...she saw the camera, mumbled something about my blog and tried to vamoose! Aha! I was quicker! Do any of you have this trouble? Even my children get jumpy when I pull out the camera....they ask me if the pictures are for family or for the world aka "the blog". Silly boys! Of course all of y'all are family...right?

Isn't this a yummy color for their new living room? It took two coats to cover but it is so warm and inviting. We have a room to paint in the next few weeks...and we really liked this color...we shall see!



This next picture is their little boys' room. It turned out lovely...just like the sky. Josiah did most of this room by himself. I learned something about Josiah today...he has a VERY steady hand with the paintbrush! I watched him "cut in" windows and trim without using tape...and he did a wonderful job!

So...I did what every Mama does...I filed that away for future reference. I shared that with him and he made a funny face...do any of your boys ever make those faces?

I think he realized that he will be called on frequently for that job.

After painting for the boys it was time to paint for their little girl...this was Jeremy's job. Brandy told him he had to think "princess thoughts" the entire time he was painting. Being a mama of all boys, I am not sure exactly what "princess thoughts" are...sounds like fun! I know that my niece loves to "play princess" and wants the boys to play with her. I think that is where they draw the line. They do NOT like to play princess...and I'm not sure they even know what it is....

They painted two of the walls in her room this lovely green. The neat thing is that the window in her room looks out over grassy green yards, fields and mountains. It is almost like some of the outside beauty settled in her room. I think she will love it. It will be cheerful even on the gloomiest days.

Jeremy did a great job...and he was really quick!

We then stealthily took this picture of Samuel doing some clean up....don't think he knows we did this....Surprise!



These are the colors of the master bedroom. Samuel and Siah worked on this one. LOVE the color. I think



even more than the living room! Very restful and relaxing...just as it should be. This was the last room that we did today.



Here is my #1 helper today. Elijah washed baseboards, killed spiders (lots of spiders!), swept carpets, painted, cleaned up painting supplies and explored and conquered the yard. He ran a million errands so my legs didn't have to...what a blessing! AND...he did it with a cheerful heart....an even greater blessing!

And then there are these two guys...who saw the camera and started to flee...really now people...y'all are getting ridiculous!

Samuel and Brandy think we blessed them today but really...we were blessed to serve! I so enjoyed spending the day with them...my boys did too. Great fun. Brandy shared some things with me...changes she was seeing since our court date...positive things...encouraging things.

I asked the boys about what she said and Jeremy reminded me of some things...and agreed with Brandy's observations.

Many of you have written and asked how my heart is doing...how I am processing all of this....I'll have to share that with you at a later date. I want to share but really want to make sure that I honor my Father as I do so...thank y'all so much for caring!

So...Brandy and Samuel....see you on Sunday and welcome home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. We should hire you all to help us - took us 4 days to paint one room. Working 8pm-2am.

    You did a great job - and such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails