Monday, September 15, 2008

I didn't think...

I didn't think much about it when he asked for the squares of felt.  We were cleaning out craft supplies.  Things not used...no longer needed..things to bless someone else...

He asked for the squares of felt. I, in typical Mama fashion, asked what for (translation: do we need to keep any clutter?).  He, in turn, replied that he might be able to make a stuffed animal with it.  He asked, do we have any stuffing..."Yes, in my sewing stuff in the basement."

I didn't think much about his request. It then left my mind....at this point in my life, many things are leaving my mind...."it is stress" they say..."it  will all get better soon".  Looking forward to that day.

Days passed, perhaps weeks before I saw any of the felt again.  Then it appeared, wrapped in a beautiful package....on that day marked "52".

It had been cut by hand...no pattern necessary, stitched by hand....by hands that had never stitched anything other than a button on a shirt to my knowledge.  Stuffed, and finished...and wrapped...oh, so, lovely.

Words tumbled from him as I gasped...words that demurred...denied it's beauty...apologized for it's appearance...it's beautiful, wonderful, lovely appearance.

It looked like this now....

Siah\'s heart

Could any mother receive a more beautiful gift from a fifteen year old son?

I didn't think he knew how...I couldn't speak....I could only weep a bit and hug ever so hard....it holds a place of honor on my bed now.  I will treasure it always....it reflects heartstrings...tied between mama and son...such a wonderful, loving son!

I didn't think it would touch my heart so deeply........blessed...truly I am blessed!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, you are deeply blessed!

    Proverbs 15:15-17

    All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart has a continual feast. Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so wonderful. I am just crying reading about it. What a sweet and thoughtful young man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful boy/man. One day there will be a blessed woman to have such a husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet. Boys do surprise us , don't they!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is the perfect birthday gift! Way to go, 'Siah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so sweet! Be blessed today with any more memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching, generous, thoughtful, inspired and meaningful gift! You are both so very blessed!

    Birthday blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails