Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Join me in October!

If you are local (and even if you're not!), think about joining me here on our farm for an afternoon spent learning about medicinal herbs.  I will be teaching my Medicinal Herb Course here in my kitchen!

On October 11th, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (or perhaps a wee bit longer!) I will be teaching this class. You will receive the Medicinal Herb Book (the e-book that is on my website) and you will make every form of herbal medicine in that book. You will go home with a jar of salve and a tincture made in class.

This class is a lot of fun...I've taught it to all kinds of groups....a group of all men (boy scout leaders!)....a group of elderly ladies who booked a private class (they were really rowdy and fun!)...and many mixed classes!

I talk...you work! I want you to get your hands into the herbs, the processes, the oils...I want you to feel, see, smell and understand!   My goal is that you are so comfortable with these concepts when you leave, that you can go home and begin applying them in your own family.

You can peruse my herbal library, ask questions and we can find the answers together!  I can promise some bunny trails (there always are!), lots of laughter and loads of fun.  The cost of the class is $40.  Just a wee bit more than ordering the book online....and four hours of informative fun to boot!

There will be some herbal things to wet our whistles...and some herbal snacks to keep us going :)

If you are interested, sign up soon...I keep the classes small so you can learn and they tend to book up quickly!

12 comments:

  1. I would be so interested in attending your class. Which part of Tennesse are you located in? I am in West. Look forward to hearing from you.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea,
    I'm in the NE corner of TN - near Greeneville.
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you do more of these in the future? My husband and I would seriously love to come to one and make it a grand trip to see the Biltmore too! We just decided 3 weeks from now is a bit too quick to try to make it out there from Tulsa!
    ~ Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,
    I will be doing them again..wow!...all the way from Tulsa! Biltmore is worth the trip....be sure to rent the headphones :)
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I ordered the citrus shampoo bar and lavender salve a couple of weeks ago. I've tried the bar a couple of times, and love LOVE it. You also put in a couple of scraps of soap in the box, and I'm hoping you know what they are, because I'm in love with the round soap that came. I'm now a huge fan of your products, and I will be ordering again, SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie!
    Wow! So glad you like my things! It is comments like yours that inspire me to keep creating!

    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri,
    What would you recommend to use in the soaps for sensitive skin? I saw you had one for babies, and I'm wondering does it have a smell? I like things that are there, and can be smelled, but aren't overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie,
    Baby's Breath has no scent...it is a pure Spanish Castille - made only with Olive Oil. Lavender is also nice...the citrus and mint scents also...Tangerine Moisturizer if you have dry skin.

    Hope this helps!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please sign me up! I've been telling my husband about how I'd love to take a 'field trip' to your farm and glean all the knowledge that I can from you ever since I got to meet you at the seminar you gave at GardenFest at the Appalachian Fairgrounds back in May. Now I get that chance, YEA!!!! I am so excited about this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! We will definitely do it then! When is the prettiest time of year to visit the Builtmore? We were thinking maybe next fall?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca,
    I'll email you the "how to" for signing up!
    Cheri

    Andrea,
    I've only been to the Biltmore in the summer and the winter. I've heard spring is beautiful when all of their gardens are in bloom. Also, Christmas is supposed to be breathtaking with decorations everywhere.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Miss Cheri,
    Beth S. just told me about your class. I would love to come. Please add me to your enrollment. Do I send payment now or when I get there?

    Blessings,
    Ginny Wall

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails