Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Garden Calendar

I've heard from quite a few of you wanting to purchase my Perpetual Garden Calendar.  So what's the hold up?  Why is it taking longer than thought.  Time for true confessions!

When transferring files from one Macintosh computer to another, a certain child, who will remain anonymous for his own personal safety, thought he knew more than his mama did.  Not that this child EVER transferred files before...or really did anything more than play educational games and do school assignments.  This child told me "you can save a lot of time by doing this"  ....and quick as a wink he pushed some buttons....WHICH THEN DELETED EVERYTHING. LEFT. ON. MY. HARDDRIVE!  Pause and let that sink in a minute....everything people!

One of those things was my garden calendar.  Thankfully, most things were already moved but this was my greatest loss! So, rather than being able to go in and make some quick changes and reprint....I have had to start from scratch and re-type the entire thing.  At the same time, I am writing my book on Soap Making which must be finished in time for teaching at the local college in two weeks.

I have located the paper I want to use for printing my calendar and am deciding on how to bind...comb or spiral.....any opinions?  I am taking steps to keep the costs down and hope to be able to offer it at the same price.

I am so sorry for the delay, as is the child who made the mistake...he feels terrible!  I'd make him do all the re-typing (I'm a big proponent for personal responsibility and making the punishment fit the crime)  but we wouldn't have a calendar until 2012!  So, I am asking for grace and promising to work hard to give you an even better calendar with more information!

I have a goal....I hope to have it available by the end of February.  I will be sure to blog about it the instant it is ready to go!  I am also keeping a list of people to notify - if you want to be on that list just drop me an email.

Thank you for your understanding....the anonymous child thanks you too!

Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. If you spiral bind, the pages can be flipped over the top, out of the way of the next page. Most useful if the calendar is to be hung up.

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, does that bring back memories.

    My computer genius son used to do the same kind of thing to me.

    Now he rarely gets on my computer and I stay away from his. Two computers saved our relationship. :)

    My hubby doesn't know a thing about computers. That is a very good thing.

    Hope all is going well with you. Other than the hard drive, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is used in business was a binding machine that you purchased from an office supply store. it was flexiable as to being able to show both sides (just like calenders you purchase now) but the cost was about $100.00 and that was in FL, do not know if that is feasible for you right now with your budget. i only paid that because of an office need. just an idea but i'm sure you already thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! More work, you have got to be the busiest woman I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog while I was googling about kefir. What a neat story! Anyway, I was wondering if you have ever read the book by Sally Fallon called Nourishing Traditions. It sounds like a cookbook that you would enjoy. It has changed my life in terms of the way I cook and prepare food now. I can't wait to send your website to my parents - they would enjoy and be inspired by your story, as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once deleted about half of a term paper in college doing the same type of thing. Ouch... I feel your pain!

    I would love for you to reserve me a garden calendar when you get them finished! I think my Mom would like one too... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica,
    I just found that book about a year ago. I love it!
    Thanks for your kind words!
    Cheri

    Beth,
    I'll save one for you and one for your Mom.
    See you soon!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that your garden calendar has been a lifeline for me this winter season!! I've studied it and refered to it again and again. I placed my seed orders and now it's time to start some seedlings! Yeah, spring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails