Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Willi

The Willi....an affectionate nickname for a very special group of people also known as the Willis family.  We met the Willis family last year and our hearts were immediately engaged.  It is amazing to me that we could come to love and feel close to this family so quickly and deeply.  It has to be a working on the part of our Father.  Sometimes the boys and I will talk about how long it's been since we've seen them..."seems like months" and we realize it has only been a week or two.  When we spend a day together the time flies...hours turn into what seems like minutes.  We share many common likes, experiences and I suppose this contributes to our heart-strings to this family but I still think it's a work of our Father.

You may remember that I talked about this family producing a CD - the children are all very musical, very talented singers and the players of many instruments.  Last year they asked Jeremy if he would be willing to play drums for some of the songs on their first CD.  You can read about that experience here.

I'm so excited to be able to tell you that their finished CD arrived this week!

The Willi

I encourage you to visit their website and listen to the tracks.....I am sure you will be blessed.  And contrary to some of the contemporary Christian music world, I can assure you that this family walks their talk.  Their lives are a testimony to our Savior. We've seen it, we've experienced it and we've been blessed by it.

The Tattered Old Flag should be played on the radio, at fairs, festivals, 4th of July celebrations and perhaps, most importantly, on the floor of Congress.  It is inspiring!

If you decide you'd like to purchase their CD, you can do so here. We did and have listened to it non-stop for the last few days.  It is encouraging, uplifting, worshipful....I think you will be blessed by this family's music...just as we have been!

Let me know what you think!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails