Friday, September 11, 2009

Classes, gardens, friends...busy, busy!

Just a short post today.  I'm busy getting ready for a class tomorrow! I'll be teaching my course on Basic Medicinal Herbs tomorrow afternoon and have much to do to get ready!  I love teaching and especially so when it is something I am passionate about. It's a small class and those tend to be a lot of fun so I am really looking forward to that afternoon.

The garden is winding down.  I, personally, am praying for an early killing frost.  I am ready to part company with my canner for another year.  I am still canning peppers, and tomatoes.  Josiah's second planting of beans is producing so I have been asked to can some Dilly Beans.  His second planting of squash and zucchini is producing also - more to shred and freeze, dehydrate and eat fresh.  We all  love squash!  I imagine I will be canning into October....and I am thankful for every jar.

We'll be growing some herbs, lettuces, spinach and mache through the winter...at least for as long as we can.  We eat a lot of salads around our house.

I had a wonderful surprise last night.  I got to spend the evening with some special friends - can't wait to tell ya'll about it.  It was so wonderful that I feel like I am still bubbling over with joy today...next post, I promise!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails