Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Exciting Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was cold here.  We've had several hard frosts in the last couple of weeks.  On Mother's Day we enjoyed what I hope was our last fire in the fireplace!  We spent the morning at church and enjoyed the afternoon with each other.  My boys fixed dinner for myself and my mother that evening.  I was blessed to have all of my boys here. After dinner, we all played games together...it was a wonderful family time.

The exciting part of my day occurred during the afternoon.  I received a phone call from a young lady wishing me a happy Mother's Day.  I imagine I'll be receiving one of those phone calls from this young lady each year now!  You see, just a few weeks ago my oldest son proposed to this young lady and was accepted!  Can you hear the wedding bells?

I've known Amanda for many years and love her dearly! Finally....a daughter! My only question to Joshua was "what took you so long!". It has been exciting to listen to the chatter of wedding plans.

Of course, if you know me very well at all, you'll know that I will be looking forward to hearing another sound some day in the future...that of a baby cooing...lots of babies cooing!

Blessings!

TNfarmgirl

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news! Congratulations to you all and God's blessings on the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Cheri! I too am looking forward to having daughter-in-laws in the family -- and babies once again as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails