Saturday, July 31, 2010

Laid low...

"Laid low" was a phrase that my Grandma used to use when she was sick. "Feeling poorly" was another. I must say that for the last couple of weeks I've been "laid low" and "feeling poorly".  I'm happy to say that I'm on the mend again.

One of my boys ended up in the ER last month and had a very sweet young lady working on him.  She shared with him that she had been fighting a nasty cold.  She was kind enough to share that with Elijah...the cold I mean.....who promptly shared it with me.  For Elijah it turned into a nasty sinus infection and for me a nasty case of bronchitis.

I see "hospital bugs" as "super bugs".  I figure if they can live in an environment that has a reputation for being so antiseptic they must have morphed into a super germ.  If I was truly ill, the hospital would be the last place I would want to stay.

All of that to let you know that I'm behind on everything.  If you have written to me and not heard back, I will be working on that over the next few days.  I'll thank you now for your grace.....that you, dear readers, are always so willing to extend when life gets in the way of me writing about our lives.

I've had several emails requesting a tutorial on how I helped this dear friend organize her recipe files.  I'll be posting that over a couple of days with plenty of suggestions and pictures.

Some months ago, I mentioned a huge project the boys were working on.  They finished last week and I'll be posting that also - again with plenty of pictures.

My boys have amazed me - they have continued with the garden and other projects while taking tender care of their mama.  They have cooked, cleaned and kept the laundry going when I couldn't. They have been a bit bossy with me about resting...they know that I tend to get back on my feet a bit to soon at times which can lead to a longer recovery so they have insisted that I rest this time.  They have been so stern...that at times I had to hide a giggle or two....ssshhhh....don't let on.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails