Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Favorite Canning Books

Here is a list of the books I use the most during canning season!  I hope you'll find some favorites here as well.

Keeping the HarvestKeeping the Harvest: Discover the Homegrown Goodness of Putting Up Your Own Fruits, Vegetables & Herbs (Down-to-Earth Book)




Pickles and RelishesPickles and Relishes: From Apples to Zucchinis, 150 recipes for preserving the harvest






Preserving Fruits & VegetablesPreserving Fruits & Vegetables (Well-Stocked Pantry)


The Big Book of Preserving the HarvestThe Big Book of Preserving the Harvest: 150 Recipes for Freezing, Canning, Drying and Pickling Fruits and Vegetables


So Easy to PreserveSo Easy to Preserve


Putting it Up with Honey


Home Preserving Made EasyHome Preserving Made Easy


Preserving Fruits & VegetablesPreserving Fruits & Vegetables (Well-Stocked Pantry)




Jams and Preserves


I also use old cookbooks that I have collected from estate sales and the used book sales from our local library. If you can find cookbooks from before 1950, you have found treasures indeed! My favorites are the cookbooks from the 1930s and 1940s.

I hope these books will inspire you to move beyond green beans and tomatoes this canning season!

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! It's only my third year to can, but I never even imagined (nor would know where to start) beyond the Ball Blue Book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails