Friday, November 5, 2010

Molly

We said good-bye to Molly today.

I knew it was coming..we all did.  But in the last few days something had changed. Her breathing was labored, even in her sleep.  She seemed to moan softly and yip for no reason.  It appeared that she was now experiencing pain so we paid a visit to her vet.

She was seventeen, had been completely blind for years, deaf for the last year, and had double heart murmurs - severe ones.  She was in renal failure and suffering from arthritis and the only loving thing to do was ease her suffering.

She was a wonderful dog that brought much joy to our family for many years.  She was one of the smartest dogs we've ever owned - my Mom would swear that Molly understood and responded to everything you said to her.  I think Mom was right.

She's been buried alongside other beloved animals.

Some of my children don't remember life without her.

She'll be missed...
















We're thankful that our Father allowed her to be a part of our lives. We praise Him in the midst of good times and we sing hallelujah in the midst of our tears.

He is good....

all. the. time.

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Molly. It's always hard to lose a pet - they're like little members of the family. I'll be praying for you all this week...

    Here's a link to a poem by John Piper about Heaven - I love it... He seems to think we may get to see our pets again one day in the new Heaven/new Earth. I hope so. :o)

    http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/poems/glorified-original-1985

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. She was a sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails