Friday, April 29, 2011

Exchange Place this weekend!

This weekend, we'll be at Exchange Place Living History Farm in Kingsport Tennessee for their 27th Spring Garden Fair.

This is a beautiful, historic farm from the 1850s and is located at 4812 Orebank Road in Kingsport.   The cost of admission is $1 per adult and .50 per child.  The money goes to support the farm. Hours are 10 to 5 on Saturday and 12 to 5 on Sunday.  I hope y'all will come spend a day under the beautiful trees and enjoy the atmosphere of a farmstead from the mid-1800s!





We'll be there with all of my soaps, salves, teas and more!  I have about 8 new soaps that will be on display for plenty of sniffing! I'll be speaking Saturday at 3:00 on how to cook with the herbs you grow and I'm really looking forward to that!


There will be thousands of plants for sale with an emphasis on herbs, native plants and heirloom plants along with garden related arts and crafts.  Gardening and farming experts will lead "Talks and Walks" and Master Gardeners will be there to answer all of your gardening questions.


There will be plenty of things for families to see and do - heritage breeds of animals, demonstrations of life in the 1850s from working the garden with a horse and plow, shaping iron over a forge, sheep shearing along with spinning and weaving of the wool,  cooking over the hearth, children's garden crafts led by the Girl Scouts, 4-H groups showing animals, Ol' Timey music and traditional foods.






There is a Baaaa...ck Porch Sale filled with many garden items, linens, pottery, furniture, doodads, gizmos, and thingamadoodles...proceeds help feed the farm animals! The boys and I always find incredible treasures at this sale!

On Sunday you can learn to work a Gee-Haw Whimmy Diddle and participate in the competition. It's a fun thing to watch and do for kids of all ages!  The reigning national champion will be overseeing the competition!

We'll be very busy for the next few days - this weekend is a fun filled one for my whole family and my boys, my mama and I all work together to make it happen! We will be finishing our packing, loading the van and setting up in Kingsport.  I'll be taking a blogging break for the next few days while we are gone.

If you're in the area, please stop by and introduce yourself, I'd love to meet y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails