Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recipes!

I thought I'd share my recipe for home made taco seasoning.  I've been making my own for some time now. This is so much cheaper than those little packets in the grocery store. You can also control what goes in it and how "spicey" you like it.  I promise - the flavor is so much better too!

TNfarmgirl's Taco Seasoning

3/4 cup chili powder
3 tsp. garlic granules
3 tsp. onion powder
3 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
4 tblsp. dried crumbled oregano (or 3 tsp. ground)
2 tblsp. paprika
1/4 heaping cup ground cumin
3 tablespoons sea salt
3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper

Put all of these ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.  Store in pint size canning jar or other air tight container.  Use 2 spoonfuls per pound of meat or use to taste - just depends on how much flavor you like.  Increase or decrease chili powder and red pepper to your desired level of heat. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails