Thursday, August 25, 2011

End of the season blogging break!

My kitchen seems to be open 24 hours a day right now.  It's the end of the garden season and I'm busy putting it all into jars for the winter....or drying it in the dehydrator...or freezing it.

The tomatoes are filling my sinks along with onions, cantaloupe and watermelon. There is still one last bed of beans to pick as soon as they are ready...then we will need to dig the potatoes and the sweet potatoes.  I'll be working on corn tomorrow - hoping to get it all into the freezer.

Then there is school.  When I'm not in the kitchen, I'm working on school plans.  This is Josiah's last year of high school.  We're finishing up his 4 year plan.  Although he doesn't plan on college at this time, I kept Josiah on a college track.  That way if he changes his mind, he will have all the subjects he needs for college acceptance.  Personally, I think Josiah will become a famous woodworker - forget the Chippendale Chairs...one day it will be a piece of furniture by Josiah!

Elijah is only one year away from high school - oh my, they are growing up so quickly!

I need to do some work on my website - several pictures have vanished into cyberspace so I'm working on getting those replaced...in my spare time ;)

All of this to say that I'll be taking a break from blogging for the next week or so. I am finding myself way to tired by the time I get to bed to take the time to blog right now.

I thank you for your understanding and will be back before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails