Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Curing Rack!



I've had a busy, busy day.  My kids were off having fun with their friends so it was a good afternoon to take a nap make soap.   Sometimes it just goes a bit faster when I don't have any interruptions.  I'll cut it tomorrow and put it on my curing rack.

Today I worked on familiar favorites:  Siah's Citrus (sunshine in a bar!), Patchouli (great for teen acne - I made this when teenagers appeared in my home!), Lock N' Load (love this smell!) and my all time favorite....Chocolate Ice!

Chocolate Ice is my most difficult soap to make - it involves three different small pots poured  carefully into one mold.  I have to be fast so it doesn't turn solid in any of the pots.  I have to pour the layers with a special technique so they don't become a muddled mess.  It is made with white chocolate, dark chocolate, cocoa and peppermint essential oil.  Decadent I know.  It is my peppermint patty soap. I would have called it that but I think that name might have already been taken...

I love to cut it because each bar is swirled so differently!  Here is a picture from a previous batch. I think it looks like funky flowers growing in some rich dark dirt.  Wish my dirt looked more like that and less like red clay!

This soap smells SO good when I unmold it!  It will tempt any serious chocolate lover.  One of my sons was so sure it had to taste like chocolate that he tasted it one time.

Does.not.taste.like.chocolate. 

I'll take pictures tomorrow as I take my soaps out of their molds and we'll look for funny pictures together!  Perhaps my soaps could be featured on those cards that those "special" doctors use to analyze people.  Maybe not.

These soaps will be back on my shelves in 28 days!

Next time I make soap I will be working on some new things.  The one I am the most excited about is a new kitchen soap packed with citrus oils.  I hope it comes out of the mold looking as good as it sounds on paper.

At the beginning of August, I will be making my fall soaps.  Come September 1st they should be available...think cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal, pumpkin pie, and some new ones too! I love making new things!

And I see we are going to have to have a little talk about "Rod". Y'all are letting your imaginations run completely wild. Some of the emails I've gotten....my...my...my (as my Grandpa used to say)!

Y'all just calm down now - hear?!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails