Thursday, July 25, 2013

Siah's Citrus Soap - another fun swirl!


I made this soap for my son Josiah when he was younger.  We call him Siah. Whenever I made a soap for one of my sons, their name was always used in the name of the soap.  They also chose the scent.  It wasn't something I set out to do but at different points in time, they each asked me to make a soap with a particular scent for them.  So I did.

Here it is just out of the mold...

This is another swirled soap that is so fun to cut.  Every bar is different - no two look the same.  The bars themselves look different from one side to the other.

When the boys were little they gathered around the table looking for pictures....and they usually found them...although I couldn't always see what they saw.


 So, what pictures to you see in my soap?
Siah's Citrus will be back in the store later in August once it is done curing.  Scented with Litsea, Orange and Tangerine and colored with a bit of Paprika...the scent is wonderful!

My drying rack is right behind my desk.  As I sit and write, research and blog, I get hints of patchouli, mints, citrus, and a variety of flowers.  Evidently my house smells this way.  Evidently everything in my house smells this way.  Evidently we smell this way.  That's what we are told.

One of my sons took a beach towel on an outing recently.  Everyone was sniffing his towel and talking about how wonderful it smelled.  He didn't realize. When you live with those scents...your nose shuts down and you don't smell them.

I can smell the soaps when I first cut them but within a short period of time, I don't smell anything anymore.  I'm always a little surprised when someone steps into my front door and comments about how wonderful the house smells...and just a bit envious...we all wish we could enjoy those scents on a daily basis.

So tell me, how come this "nose going numb" to my wonderful herbs and essential oils doesn't work when someone forgets to take out the trash?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails