Friday, August 16, 2013

It's all about the baby....

A few years ago, when I learned I was going to be a Grandma, I made a baby soap.  It was o.k. That wasn't quite good enough - especially for my grandbaby.  So...I've been working on it and making some changes and now I'm happy with it.  No...not happy...thrilled!

It's based on a castile formula. A true castile soap doesn't have anything (repeat...anything!) in it but olive oil.  No scent, no other oils and definitely no chemicals.  Olive oil doesn't lather much but oh! my! the moisturizing capability!

The base of this soap is olive oil so don't look for lots of lather.  However, I used that olive oil to make some herbal macerations first!  I picked herbs that would be gentle on a baby's tender skin and healing too. I also scented this gently with pure Lavender essential oil because Lavender is soothing and healing too.  Although I can't call this soap a castile, it makes me think of castile on steroids!

Here she is - a lovely pale green from the herbs... I took this picture on a white background so you could see this beautiful color!




 
This contest is a bit unusual....I have a name that I think I want to use - but perhaps you can come up with something even better!  Remember...this soap is very gentle, moisturizing and all about the baby!

And so we begin another contest!  And with a contest there are rules and prizes!

The Rules
1. Contest begins now and ends at midnight on Monday, August 19th.
2. Name will be chosen by my family.  Although there *is* a winner, we are not obligated to use your name...after all..we might choose one of our own!
3. You can't be related to me and win.
4. You may enter as many times as you like.
5. Suggestions must be left in the comment section of this post or on Facebook (tnfarmgirl naturals). No more emails this time!
6. Winner will be announced August 21st!

And now we have...
The Prizes!
Winner gets a free bar of the soap they name or any other soap in stock!
I even pay the shipping!

Always wanted to try my soap but never got around to it? Now is the time...perhaps you can try it absolutely free! 

 Let the name game begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails