Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Herbal Medicine Made Simple!

For my local friends ( or even those who aren't!), I'll be teaching a class on how to use herbs  for medicine.  I speak and teach all over east TN and southern VA on herbs.  I have taught this class for Walter State Community College for both their TAG program and their Kids College program.  I've  spoken on using herbal remedies to rotary clubs, herbal clubs, scout leaders, gardening clubs, hospital groups and much more.  I've had students travel from all over Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia and West Virginia to take this class.

With the changes in health care and the fact that our President has quietly signed an executive order that takes steps to place America under the Codex program of Europe - herbal medicines and vitamins may become impossible to get except through your doctor.  Come join me and learn how to grow and use your own herbs for medicine.  I've been using herbal medicine for over 30 years and making almost all of my own for over 12 years. 

We will cover 10 easy to grow medicinal herbs, including some that commonly grow wild. The herbs included in this course are Calendula, Chamomile, Comfrey, Feverfew, Horehound, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Mullein, Plantain, and Red Clover. You will learn how to grow these herbs, how to harvest them, when to harvest them and how to use them in herbal remedies. You will learn their plant families, their medicinal properties and see a color picture of each one.

You will also learn how to make the most common herbal remedies! You will make a water infusion, a decoction, a hot oil infusion, a syrup, a compress, a poultice, a salve and a tincture! If we have time, and we usually do, you will also learn how to make your own capsules for pennies and how to make your own colloidal silver for pennies!  If we run late, I will teach those for anyone who wishes to stay.

You will go home with a medicinal salve, a syrup and a tincture that you have made yourself!  You will also get my book on herbal medicines which sells for $20 by itself.

My class is 5 hours long and yummy herbal snacks will be served at the midway point. The cost of the class is $50. You will also be given special contact information so that I can continue to mentor you and answer questions as you work on making remedies in your own home.

My next class is scheduled for September 29th at 1:00 p.m..  I keep my classes small (5 to 10 students) and spaces have already begun to fill up! Please contact me to make a reservation.

My goal is to see you able to treat yourself and your family effectively and easily with the herbal remedies you have learned to create in your own home.

Come! Join me on the journey....
   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails