Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Surprise!



Do you love summer?  We do.  It is the busiest season on a farm.  Long hours working in the garden, then harvesting, washing, snapping and working for days canning! But aren't you glad when the snow flies the next winter?

We've been getting lots of squash, zucchini, tomatoes and now peppers are beginning! I noticed last night that our pole beans are covered with little beans...I imagine that by the end of the week we'll be picking green beans.  I'll can the majority of the beans but I'll also make some dilly beans from the smaller beans.  Yummy!

On nicer days, when a breeze blows through the barn, we've been working on barn clean up and organization.  Things are looking much better now but I'll be glad when we finish.

And the surprise?

Can you imagine why these things have turned up in my kitchen again?



And this time it is really different....

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails