Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Agrarian Friends

I wanted to let you know about a new agrarian blogger...his name is Henry and his wife is Peggy and they are dear friends of mine. I met Henry and Peggy, and their beautiful boys, several years ago when I was speaking at the Southeastern Expo (a multi-state ag show). I was speaking on medicinal herbs at that Expo and Henry and Peggy were in the audience....they weren't supposed to be...they were camping and got rained out so came into town looking for something to do.

Well, God had to be behind that meeting because He just knit our hearts together in a special way! They were so hungry to learn more about using herbs for medicine that they followed us home that day! You can visit Henry's blog here. He and his boys are building a home themselves so I look forward to hearing about their progress and hope to see lots of pictures....hey Peggy!...come see me soon!

I got to spend some time this morning visiting with KS Milkmaid via the phone - our lives are so similar in so many ways that we have wondered if we are living each other's lives....just in different states....perhaps some sort of parallel universe/sister/twin thing going on....she is such an encouragement to me and I always feel cheered and energized after speaking with her! Please remember to continue to pray for her family and for her husband Brian's healing.

I had a visit from another agrarian family this afternoon. I was so happy to meet D.J. Hammond and his family and hope we will be able to visit again. They came to have a look at the Jersey cow I mentioned a few posts back and I enjoyed spending several hours chatting with them....my boys enjoyed their children as well.

I have been surprised at how easy it has been to sit and chat with my fellow agrarians who live long distances from me. I think I experienced this for the first time with Rick Saenz when he came to interview me for one of the Plain Talk recordings. It was like visiting with a close friend or family member...it astonished me (probably because I thought it would be awkward and nerve wracking and Rick made it easy!).

We have one like-minded agrarian family in our area and you can read their blog here. Julie and I have been dear friends for close to 5 or 6 years now - we met when they visited our church and she and I were in the nursery together with babies. Althought we don't get to see each other nearly enough, we chat almost every day...she is another wonderful Christian woman who has ministered to me in so many ways. (Bless you Julie!)

I wish, at times, that all of these like minded agrarians lived in my neighborhood ( or I in theirs) but console myself with the knowledge that we will have an eternity to spend together worshipping our Father...it is going to be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails