Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lavender Lemonade (by request!)

Feeling a little stressed?  Kids making crazy?  Or making you crazy?  Missing summer already?

Try a tall cool glass of Lavender Lemonade...both for you and the kids!  This has been a favorite recipe of ours for many years.  I love it in the summertime but it is nice in the off season too.

Here is my recipe for regular Lemonade:

1 cup fresh organic lemon juice
3 cups spring water
1/2 cup sugar, or use stevia or honey instead!

You'll need about 4 lemons. Wash, slice and juice!



Pour sweetener (honey, stevia or sugar) into lemon juice and stir until dissolved.  Add water.  Mix thoroughly.  Pour over ice and enjoy! I used 6 packs of stevia.



Now...for the Lavender part.

Make tea with lavender buds!  Put 1 1/2 cups water in a sauce pan.  Bring almost to a boil.  Take off the heat and add 1/2 cup lavender buds.  Cover and let steep about 10 minutes.



Strain.  Throw the lavender buds on your compost heap.


Look at that beautiful lavender tea!  I saved a cup to have tonight at bedtime, I'll sleep like a baby!

Substitute one cup of water in the original recipe with one cup of your lavender tea so the recipe now looks like this:

Lavender Lemonade

1 cup fresh organic lemon juice
1 cup fresh lavender tea
2 cups spring water
1/2 cup sugar, or use stevia or honey instead!



It's a beautiful color!

I'm sipping this cup as I write.  As my boys used to say when they were little...yummy to my tummy!



Enjoy....and relax!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails