Thursday, October 9, 2008

Class, new friends, blessings and more

I'm sorely behind on emails, responding to comments and more!  I've been busy getting ready for the Basic Medicinal Herb class that I am teaching here on the farm this Saturday!  I plan to take plenty of pictures and bring you a nice long post about that day.  We are also going to be using two lovely ladies as guinea pigs delving into the world of providing a Bed and Breakfast stay!  If these two ladies survive and are happy with our efforts, we may be doing more along this line...we'll all let you know!  Brave souls these ladies :)  I am looking forward to making new friends on Saturday...can't wait till class!  This sweet lady will be joining us for class and staying for dinner with our guests.

I had a WONDERFUL surprise last week.  I had just finished canning the last of the jalapeno peppers and was getting ready to can tomatoes when a friend of mine called.  She was "in the neighborhood" (she's a realtor so she is on the road a lot) and wanted to stop by for a bit.  Now this lady is more like family so the fact that I was wearing my "farm clothes" for canning and my house wasn't exactly in tip top shape (did I mention that I was canning?)  didn't bother me.  But, being the stinker that she is, she didn't tell me the whole story.

When I opened my door she wasn't alone, she had a couple with her....a thousand thoughts raced through my mind. "Yikes, look what I'm wearing...how does the house look...am I a mess from being in the kitchen?" "Did I list the farm for sale and forget?"  "Does someone want to buy a farm and Sue hopes mine fits the bill?"  "Is this part of her family?"  and so on.  She said to me, as she was giggling uncontrollably, "I just thought I'd bring Marci and Michael by."  Well, I didn't know why she was bringing them by but that was fine by me, so I invited everyone in.  Seemed like something was up because Sue kept laughing but I, evidently being very slow on the up-take, wasn't getting it.

As everyone was coming in, this lovely lady said to Sue, "She isn't making the connection..".  Oh, boy...I'm thinking...no I'm not getting something that everyone else knows.  So, this lovely lady, re-introduces herself.."I'm Marci...of Amazing Graze Farm!"  Oh. my. goodness.  Marci was standing in my kitchen!  I did what any good southern woman does...I screamed and hugged her neck!  Probably a couple of times!  I was so excited to finally meet this lady that I have enjoyed online for so long.  Blogs and email are nice but this "in person" stuff is great!  We had a lovely visit, I got to hear all about the wedding, and they were looking for farms in our area.  Now I know they are looking in other areas too but I am choosing to ignore that piece of information and hope they buy that lovely little place up the road that just went up for sale :)  Thanks Sue, for bringing them over and surprising me (I will get you back)!

After they left, I had an awful thought...I didn't even offer them a glass of sweet tea!  Marci, you will just have to come back for another visit ....I owe you a cuppa tea!

And lastly, our Father has been blessing us again..this one is a doozy and I'll post about it soon!

10 comments:

  1. FUN!! I pray for the opportunity to meet you someday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're just gonna have to re-re-name the farm and go with Abundant Blessings, cause God just blesses & blesses you :-)

    what a wonderful suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about the newest blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Bed and Breakfast stay at your place is an awesome idea! I hope that works out well for you and your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have had lots going on lately. And neat things, too! I am hoping some day to meet some of my online friends in person as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I wish I could have been there for the class. I had looked up motels in the area and the trip from Illinois with staying overnight would have been so $$$$ for me. Hope I can do it in the coming year though. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marci told me that story over the phone--she got the biggest kick out of your reaction! :0)
    Loved you on sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i forgot one important fact about her 2 boys and it is important, they are drop dead handsome!!! there, whew, and to think i almost forgot that fact

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea,
    I hope so!
    Cheri

    Tracy,
    Somehow we need to work that into our title!
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    Amanda,
    You just won't believe!
    Cheri

    Sara,
    It was a wonderful weekend...at least on our side :)
    Cheri

    Lynn,
    I've been overwhelmed. I really hope we do get to meet - seems we have so much in common.
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abiga/karen,
    Maybe next year and perhaps you can enjoy our little B&B here :)
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    Sharri,
    I was overwhelmed!
    Cheri

    Kay,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it....just wanted you to know that I went right out and purchased a coffee pot :)
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails