Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Wonderful festival....(Part 3)

Normally at a festival I have a large selection of heirloom tomato plants, culinary herbs and medicinal herbs. But, the unusual freeze in April did me in this year. I have replanted for my own garden but missed selling at this festival. We usually fill the front porch with tables of plants and then have our soaps, salves teas etc. inside. Many customers were dismayed that we had no plants this year - I am one of the few people selling medicinal herbs....they come to me for Feverfew, Milk Thistle, Rue, White Yarrow, Comfrey, Elecampane and more! I was sorry to loose the sales this year.

Here are some pictures of the inside of our little house....you can see my Mom sitting down running the cash box and her sister, my Aunt Sue, helping to answer questions. Aunt Sue uses my products so she is a wonderful asset at a festival....she was in visiting from Colorado!

tn_100_3630.JPG

The far baskets in the next picture are filled with my soaps and you can see some of my gift baskets in the background

tn_100_3631.JPG

The baskets in the picture below are filled with my teas! I have two new ones that I will be adding to the website by request...chamomile and red raspberry leaf....organic of course! You can also see my Perpetual Garden Calendar being displayed.

tn_100_3633.JPG

This is a display of some of my gift baskets. I think they are popular because they are priced from $10 and up - hard to find a nice gift today for $10!

tn_100_3634.JPG

This next shot is of Jeremy's little nook - he is known as "That Bead Guy" and does wonderful handcrafted jewelry using glass beads and Swarovski crystals - he often does custom orders. You can email him at thatbeadguy@comcast.net for more information!

tn_100_3632.JPG

This last picture is of a kitten that some little girls brought to show Jeremy. This kitten is 20% house cat and 80% leopard. It has the markings of a leopard ...when I first saw it I thought it had been painted - a new rage I have read about! It was a beautiful kitten but a little bit aggressive I thought!

tn_100_36612.JPG

So that is our festival weekend in a nutshell - thanks to all of you who came to visit or introduce yourselves to me!

Stay tuned for more festival announcements!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails