Sunday, June 29, 2008

His or Ours?

This post comes directly from Elisabeth Elliot - it astounded me when I read it yesterday and I think you will understand why....I have done a little creative editing...I have replaced the phrase "property on the sea" with the word "farm"....again....if you have been reading for any length of time you will understand...
The farm is now ours. We can hardly believe it.
"But it was what you had dreamed of, wasn't it?"
"Yes, Lord."
"Did I not promise long ago to give you the desires of your heart? This is one of them. Often I cannot give them in the form you dream of because it would not, in the end, give you happiness. This time I give exactly what you asked. What will you do with it now?"
"First we thank you, Lord. Then we offer it back to You. Do with it, for us, for anyone who comes here, as You choose. Make it a place of peace, a desired haven."
"I receive your offering. Whose is it now?"
"Yours, Lord. Help me to remember this as King David remembered it when he prayed, 'Everything comes from thee, and it is only of thy gifts that we give to thee. We are aliens before thee and settlers . . . everything is thine'" (1 Chr 29:14,15,16 NEB).

Father, help us to remember that we are only stewards of this good gift as we offer it back to You. We ask for Your guidance on what to do with this farm so that it may be a desired haven for those in need. We ask You to lead us step by step through every decision so that this farm will bring glory to Your name.

3 comments:

  1. Cheri, what an awesome God we serve. Thanking and praising the Lord with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a privilege to be blessed by God!


    Cheri, I had not read your blog for a few days. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you also had written about killdeers!

    I love seeing the lessons our Father has for us in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails