Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Soap!

I just put my newest soap up on my website!  I LOVE this soap.  I have named it Working Hands!



I made it earlier this year and tested it locally. I was surprised at how quickly it sold out.  I have just added it to my website under herbal soaps and you can find it here.

As the description says, it works hard but is still gentle on the hands.  I've had requests from customers for something really good to scrub with after a long day in the garden or working under the hood of the car.  I believe this soap will meet those needs.

I love the scent of this soap and have to confess that we use it for a bath soap, a shampoo and at the sink for washing hands.  It is so light and refreshing yet is a powerhouse when it comes to cutting grease.

The oils used in this soap are the same used in a popular soap called Gentleman Farmer.  However, I have used my own soap recipe.  I sometimes find a scent or combination of scents that I like.  I will make a small batch, using my own base recipe and the scent, to see if the boys and I like it.  If we do, then we offer it to you.

For those of you who make soap, I'll share a great way to "test" scents before you make a batch of soap.  Essential oils are SO expensive that you don't want to waste a drop.  I take q-tips and dip them in the essential oils.  I follow the same ratio as the recipe.  For instance, if I was using a 50/50 ratio of lemon and lime, I would dip 1 end of a q-tip into lemon essential oil and then another into lime essential oil. I then place them into a very small canning jar and seal. I wait a week and then open and sniff - that is just about how the soap will smell when done.  I may waste a drop or two but not ounces and ounces of oils.  It has worked well for me for years.

I have another new soap going up later this week...stay tuned for something to help relieve those sore muscles at the end of a long day!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails