Thursday, December 11, 2008

All they want for Christmas....

I'm probably one of those people who would like working the gift wrapping counter during the holiday season.  Making creative gifts and wrapping presents is a joy!

One of my favorite things to do is make custom gift baskets.  I like to learn a little about the recipient and their hobbies, likes and dislikes and so forth.  Give me your budget and turn me loose!  I did one last year for a local celebrated chef....lots of dried organic herbs from my garden, Coffee soap to remove the smells of garlic and fish from her hands, Arnica salve to fight those carpal tunnel tendencies,  Lavender soap, some Sleepy Easy Tea and a lovely candle to relax with at the end of the day....with other little goodies tucked in here and there.  This is no job...this is great fun!

Here is my latest creation...it is one of my favorite creations!



I loved the tin the instant I saw it...then the hunt was on for matching paper, ribbons, gift tag.  This was done for a very special friend so I really wanted everything to be just right!  My Mom was with me and she helped me get everything coordinated - she really caught the spirit and was getting just as excited as I was.  There is just something about it that inspires you to do your very best!

Their request was, lots of salves and lots of soaps.  I made some suggestions, they made some changes and I was off!  Some scrubbies for bathing, some lip balms for winter and of course, who can resist Ghirardelli Christmas chocolates?  Yummy!

I delivered it last night..I think they were happy with the results.



If I ever see my dream fulfilled, a little shop here on my farm, I will definitely have a corner dedicated to creating special gifts for special people.  I'll stock it with lots of different things.  But, I'll still enjoy the hunt to get just that thing that will endear the basket, and the giver, to the recipient.  I think Mom would enjoy working in that corner of our little shop.  She is a shopper extraordinaire and has the ability to add that little extra something that turns an ordinary gift into something really special.  In fact, I think she needs to be in charge of that little corner!  (Psssttt!  Mom....have I got an idea for you!)

Merry Christmas,

9 comments:

  1. I, too, love making gifts beautiful and my Mom and I work well together on certain things as well. What fun! I just popped in via Ann's link. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have anything in bergamot?

    I'm looking for stuff in that scent for my mom.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly,
    So nice to *meet* you :) Isn't it fun to do these things with our Moms? What a blessing for each of us.

    Look forward to seeing you again.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan,
    I just ordered that essential oil! Sorry I can't help you right now....I'll be working on a new soap for next year using that scent.
    Merry Christmas,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll look forward to seeing it in the future, then. :)

    Thanks, and God bless,

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just something about mom's! Mine too has a talent for wrapping~ all our gifts are just as perfect and coordinated as if they were going to be photographed for a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come for a visit via Ann's blog. What a lovely place this is. While I don't live on a farm, I am captivated by the idea of it (can you tell I've been rereading L.M. Montgomery books?). We lived in a dairy farming community for a number of years, and I just loved it. I really do understand that it is not an easy way of life, but it always seems to me such a peaceful, fulfilling one. I love living it through someone else's eyes since I can't live it myself :-)
    I am so happy to meet you and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea,
    How blessed we are!
    Merry Christmas,
    Cheri

    Linda,
    Welcome! Pull up a chair and I'll put the tea kettle on! We'll munch some homemade cookies and have a nice southern visit! I hope we can continue to help you live your "farm life" vicariously here on Stonewater Farm. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Merry Christmas!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. my kidnapping was an indescribable event!!the food was superb! the BASKET by Cheri's Baskets was an instant highlight!!(i have used everything in that basket already!)the company was better than the opportunities afforded me with other "kings" but this one different. We had THE KING with us and the best birthday,ever. Yes a little shop for your creativity on baskets would be nice, a little herb school, oh i can see a lot of little corners being prepared.
    luv u
    kay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails