Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rose + Lavender = A New Contest!

You know that whole necessity is the mother of invention thing?  Well, I'm here to tell you that it is true.  I did a really silly thing.  I know...hard to believe (not!).  Here's the story...

I had on my work schedule to make a batch of Tangerine Moisturizer Soap.  I got the lye water ready (always my first step) then I got the solid oils melting, measured out my liquid oils and lined my soap mold.  Kept checking temps and as they got close to matching, I ran to my cabinet to get my Tangerine Essential Oil.  I couldn't find it....anywhere.

I had just placed an order for essential oils in October.  I went back to my notes...yep...it was there.  I went to the actual paperwork for the order...nope...not there.  Oh.....I remember.....they were out! I had forgotten to re-order.  What to do now?  I couldn't afford to just throw all of these oils out....

I did a quick study through my essential oils books looking for moisturizing oils.  I found two that I liked.  Rose Geranium and Lavender.  I happened to have both on my shelf.  So...I blended the two and used that, instead of the Tangerine, to create a moisturizing soap.

I could hardly wait till the next day to cut it...I was anxious to see how it turned out.  Lovely!  It is a rich, creamy color...sort of a light honey.



And the scent!  Heavenly! And it will have all of the same moisturizing abilities of the Tangerine Moisturizer!

I now find myself with an unexpected new soap on my hands...and no name in sight.  So, of course, I do what I always do....I turn to you, my trusted and talented readers, to help me find a name.  Can you say contest?

Here are the rules:
1. Contest ends at midnight on New Year's Eve.

2. Name will be chosen by our family. Although there *is* a     winner,    we are not under obligation to use your name….after all…we might come up with one of our own!

3.  You can't be related to me and win.

4.  You may enter as many times as you like.

5.  Suggestions must be left in the comment section of this post.

6.  Winner will be announced Friday, January 2nd.

And of course, where there is a winner, there must be a prize!  Winner gets a free bar of the new soap and one bar of any other soap of their choosing.  I even pay the shipping! Always wanted to try my soap but never got around to it?  Now's the time....perhaps you can try it absolutely free!

Let the games begin!

18 comments:

  1. Cheri,

    What fun!! I LOVE roses & lavender. They fill my two front flowerbeds! The combination makes me think of an old English flower garden.

    Here's my suggestions:

    Garden Bouquet

    English Flower Garden

    Lady's Delight


    Have a wonderful holiday season!!

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice! I'm using the Tangerine Moisturizer Soap now.

    How about:
    Garden Path Moisturizing Soap

    Summer Days Moisturizing Soap

    Flower Basket Moisturizing Soap

    Garden Party Moisturizing Soap

    Thanks! Merry Christmas!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bar! Here are my suggestions:

    Lavender Rose Mist

    Flower Delight

    Bride's Bouquet

    Summer Garden

    Blessings,
    Lynae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently discovered that lavender REALLY helps my rheumatoid arthritis and so have been making all sorts of soaps (with glycerin base which I had bought for the kids to use to make gifts) and oils for my hands with lavender essential oil. (I had spent the day doing something that ALWAYS triggers my arthritis--cleaning and was using lavender dish soap--when done instead of not being able to move and having swollen hands my hands were loose and flexible and the swelling so none existent that my wedding ring slid off my hand.) This soap sounds WONDERFUL.

    My brain is kind of fried so I have no idea of a name at the moment--the only thing that comes to mind is that lavender rose sounds like a Victorian lady's name like Mrs. Lavender Rose's moisturizing soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have memories of my mom's flowers at dawn's first light glistening with dew. It always seemed like the garden's aroma was so full in the morning that it just spilled over. Since I haven't sniffed your new scent combination, I can only imagine the experience. The sense of smell is the most memorable of the senses. These suggestions bring me back to those mornings in the garden:

    Dawn's Delight
    Morning Valley
    Lavender Rose Enchantment
    Spring Splendor
    Enchanted Garden

    I simply LOVE the scent of lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cheri:

    I did this blend. It was a popular seller for me. I called it Prairie rose. You could call it Tennesee rose. The gals always liked it and the rose geranium is supposed to be good for female hormone balancing. At least an EO massage therapist told me that.

    Good luck, it looks pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posey Whisper

    Summer Posey

    Garden Hint

    Garden Breezes

    Posey Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. My suggestions for your new soap would be:

    Angelique

    Rose Geranium and Lavender Beauty Bar

    Chelsea Rose

    Lavender Rose

    Ah, So Sweet Moisturizing Soap

    Soft To Touch Beauty Bar

    Morning Dew Beauty Bar

    I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a couple:

    Tender Hands

    Gentle Petals

    ReplyDelete
  10. why i don't know, never entered anything before in my life, "Delilah's Bouguet". Keep making up "stuff".kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the last 'new' soap I got from you. For this one how about;

    Rosender (Rose and Lavender)

    Esscense of Flowers

    Floral Bouquet

    Sweet Summer Delight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since both essential oils bring calm and uplift feelings and since you invented this during the holiday season, how about Heavenly Peace Moisturizing Soap?

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer Bouquet Moisturizing Soap

    Garden Breeze Moisturizing Soap

    Heavenly Scent Moisturizing Soap

    Summer Petals Moisturizing Soap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heaven Scent Relax and Hydrate Soap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas to you and yours!! :)

    Here are my entries for the contest:


    LaRose (Lavender and Rose together)

    Cottage Garden

    English Garden Relaxing and Moisturizing Soap

    Victory Garden

    Victorian Bouquet

    ReplyDelete
  16. How about:
    Lavish Lady's Beauty Bar
    Ravishing Beauty Bar
    Grandma's Garden Delight
    Garden Memories
    Simply Splendid Beauty Bar
    Garden's Glory Beauty Bar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new bar sounds lovely.

    Here are some additional thoughts ~

    ~Lavender & Rose Arbor
    ~Lavender Lather & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  18. A few more...

    Lavender Rose Rain

    Posey Rain

    Garden Rain

    Summer Rain

    Lavender Rose Dew Drops

    Misty Petals

    Heaven's Petals

    Misty Garden Moisturizer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails