Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pray for Amanda!

6:00 PM  *UPDATE* The last I heard, they are pretty sure the bladder is ok.  They don't know where the fluid in the abdomen is coming from but they aren't too worried about it.  She may actually be released tonight.  They aren't sure about operating on the wrist at this time...when...where...not known.  Thanks so much for your prayers.  Will write when I hear more.

I got a call late last night....it was Amanda's mama, Carolyn. A diabetic driver had lost consciousness and drifted across the center line...and hit Amanda head on. Amanda is very dear to our family and especially to my oldest son.

Carolyn called me from the hospital to tell me that Amanda had a severely shattered wrist which will require surgery and that there is fluid leaking into her abdomen from someplace. At first they thought her bladder had ruptured...now they don't think so. That's the last I heard.

My first thought was "Father's grace!". Grace that Amanda survived...that her injuries don't appear to be life threatening...that she was still here for us to hug and to love.

Please be praying for Amanda, she is in terrific pain. Pray for wisdom for the doctors as they try to piece her shattered wrist back together and that her wrist joint would function well. It is her left wrist and Amanda is a lefty. Pray for relief from the pain...for peace for her family...for multiplied rest.

Pray for the other driver and their family...I don't know if they survived or what their condition is at this point.

Our Father is good..we KNOW this...somehow this "gift" although it appears as suffering and pain will bring good things to all involved...I KNOW He is good and only gives good things....no matter how it appears to us...pray that we will find the good in this.

Praising Him today....

8 comments:

  1. I will pray for Amanda, for her family, and for the other driver and their family. It's amazing & a gift from God that she lived thru such a terrible accident. Please keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin, I'll post updates as I receive them.
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray. Please, keep us posted. My Dad was hit head on about 24 years ago by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was killed but by God's grace, I still have my Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marci and Heather,
    Thank you so much. Will post as soon as I hear.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying ...and trusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee and Cheri,
    Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails